Hurricane season has begun, are you prepared? June 1 to November 30 marks hurricane season and although many of us natives think we can ride out any storm, it is still important to be prepared.
June marks hurricane preparedness month
- Stock up on water NOW. The shelves will be empty if you wait until the last minute.
- Create a disaster supply kit: to include
o WATER, WATER , and more WATER
o Keep cash on you.
o Food for at least a three-day supply
o Battery powered radio
o Flashlight and extra batteries
o First aid kit
o Garbage bags
o Manual can opener
o Charged cell phones
o Important family documents
o extra clothing
- Do you have long nails for plywood? Hurricane proof your home as best you can!Move all furniture indoors and all vehicles into a covered area, if possible.
- Have a plan if you must evacuate-where you will stay and how you will get there.
- Organize now what you are going to take with you.
- Do not leave your animals, find a place to board them or take them with you.
- Make sure your tank is full of gas; you do not want to be stuck on I-10 with an empty tank when it is time to evacuate!!
Just some friendly tips from SETCO!